Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-10-2020, 01:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 01:34 PM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: Sato is a good player ... but he doesn't move the needle at all

I really disagree with this. 

Both Tomas and OPJ move the needle for the Mavs because they are flexible wing defenders (OPJ guarding 3s and 4s and Tomas guarding 1-3). This is what the Mavs NEED to get over the hump. The needle moves by adding DEFENDERS. This was the best offense in league history, the needle doesn't move by trying to push that even further.

Man I'd love Tomas and OPJ, and hey it's Plan Powder friendly! I don't recall if you already had a trade proposal but I would think it would be something like Tomas/OPJ for JJ/Wright/THJ and probably both picks would have to be sent.

That would be an upgrade imo even though you would lose some offense with THJ. THJ is already somewhat redundant with Curry and I think Tomas helps fill some of the void there. OPJ fills a major need defensively and also gives you offense better than DFS altho I would play them together.

My starting lineup probably becomes:
Luka, Tomas, DF, OPJ, KP which in my view is a really nice lineup. Mavs would have four 6'7-6'8 guys next to KP and the defense is also better. I like Seth still as the 6th man but he's an option to start some nights.

Tomas has 5 mil guaranteed in 2021 so you can either keep him or probably pretty easily move him draft night that year if you really want to get his money off the books. That's a good team imo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-10-2020, 02:04 PM