Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-10-2020, 11:05 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Milwaukee doesn't really have a way to trade for CP3 without sending off Middleton bc CP3's contract is so massive. I imagine Milwaukee would rather have expiring THJ over Bledsoe. They struggled shooting in the playoffs. I don't think Mavs would value Bledsoe enough over THJ who is obviously a good fit here and is on an expiring contract.

If you can show me a legal trade that does some kind of 3-way CP3 deal it would be interesting but the salary matching would be very difficult as far as I can tell. That being said I think Houston had a crazy trade last year with a ton of moving parts.

I managed to create a massive 3-team 11 player trade between the Bucks, Mavs, and OKC that works financially. 

[Image: Screenshot-11.png]

I don't know how well you can see that image. But essentially here's the trade in text form

DAL Receives: Middleton and Adams. 

Bucks Receive: CP3, THJ, and Powell

OKC Receives: Ersan Ilyasova, Bledsoe, Wright, Justin Jackson, and Courtney Lee SnT, plus whatever picks to make it work. 

So this software was a little wonky. It counted all the free agent cap holds of both teams and didn't give a way to renounce them to free up the cap space. So in order to make the trade legal, I had to force Connaughton to the Mavs even though he's a free agent to free up 155K in space. I chose him randomly, any cap hold on the Bucks would accomplish this. Also since the Mavs couldn't renounce Lee's hold, he had to be SnT to make the money work. 6M the first year, then 2 years min. 

Overall I think this trade would work without including Lee and a random Buck player, as long as their holds were renounced for. 

So the cut down version would be Adams+Middleton to the Mavs. CP3+THJ+Powell to the Bucks.. Ersan+Bledsoe+Wright+Jackson to the Thunder. Plus whatever draft compensation the Thunder would want. Given that the Mavs are taking Adams contract from OKC plus they're getting out from CP3, I think it would be relatively light. Bucks might want more value, but since it's basically swapping out CP3 for Middleton while getting another starting 2 in the process, AND  retaining most of their team, I think they'd be for it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by SleepingHero - 09-10-2020, 01:04 PM