Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-10-2020, 11:16 AM)omahen Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 11:05 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: ilwaukee doesn't really have a way to trade for CP3 without sending off Middleton bc CP3's contract is so massive.

Of course they can. Bledsoe (16,875), Hill (9,5), Ilyasova (7), Lopez (5) and Wilson (5) are more than enough contracts to make it work.

Seeing some trade options here: https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/09/09/b...milwaukee/

I forgot they had both Lopez brothers and so Robin's 5 mil does help you there. I don't think they would give up Middleton in any scenario but I would hope the Mavs would get in on a 3 way deal if Bucks move him but I doubt that happens.

This trade seems like the most feasible if OKC is truly in rebuild mode:

The Bucks Get: Chris Paul
The Thunder Get: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, Robin Lopez, D.J. Wilson, A Future Draft Pick

In this scenario OKC still gets good players, altho some might find their way on a 3rd team. The big thing here is that OKC unloads CP3's massive contract and actually getting a draft pick. I haven't watched much of DJ Wilson so I don't know if he is considered an asset or not.

I could see this happening and they might even be able to squeeze out a better asset from the desperate Bucks.

For the Mavs if you could get Bledsoe for Wright + Jackson in a 3 or 4 way move that would be something to consider at least. The issue of course is that Bledsoe eats up quite a bit of 2021 cap space.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-10-2020, 11:47 AM