Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-10-2020, 12:06 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I believe the Mavs could be closer to reasonable contention simply by trading their trade pieces (absolutely including THJ) for two average (but defensively capable) NBA starters who expire in 2021 because that would be better than what they have.

Sure, IF the "starters" are the right players, and not just more things for people like you to complain about next season. The former would be great, but the absence of the latter should be the goal. Every move should be an improvement from here on out, and whether you're right or wrong about what some players bring to the team, that's no guarantee that what's available to them through trade will be better. There's a (reasonably good, now that they're a playoff team) chance it will be worse. 

IF they can pounce on something that actually gets them to a championship contending level (or at least help, not hinder their growth towards that) then they absolutely should! But, IF those moves aren't there and they make moves just to make moves, they could easily make themselves worse, in the scheme of things. This mentality is how bad moves happen. 

My point is that it seems logical, since they have no picks to trade and really only role players to deal, that what's available to them through trade is likely to be less enticing than what's available through Free Agency. This might not be the case, but until you have your team, it would be super dumb to close any doors to the point where they can't be re-opened. 

Frankly, I'm glad some of you guys aren't in charge of the team. In summation, different is not synonymous with better.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-10-2020, 11:08 AM