Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-10-2020, 08:55 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: Sato in my opinion has an average defense. I'm not sure it's much better than Delon ..
Pay 10 million, to a backing. I wouldn't.

Sato would be the starter next to Luka, period. The Mavs are paying a future perennial deep bench player more than $10 mil in Powell. THJ, with his (lack of) defense at wing, must not start for the Mavs if they want to contend with Luka, and we're paying him $19 mil.

If you can come up with a way for the Mavs to get a player who is, overall, better than Sato to take that starting spot next to Luka who checks all of the cannot-not-have boxes better than he does (a. can quarterback the team without significant dropoff when Luka sits, b. can get his own shot, c. a plus defender of point guards, d. a deadeye 3-point catch-and-shoot guy for when he's on the floor with Luka, and e. doesn't get pissy, disgruntled, and out of sorts basketball-wise when he doesn't have the ball more than 25% of the time when on the floor with Luka, which is not going to be the case if that player has any brains whatsoever, and which is the box that Brunson cannot check, and one of several Wright was poor at), I'm all ears and would be happier for having heard it. Sato is just one suggestion.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-10-2020, 10:21 AM