Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
The TLDR version of what I wrote above is probably, don't mortgage the season by keeping THJ. Trade him and get something that's going to allow us to actually contend, like a starter who plays some defense, even if that guy expires in 2021 too. The only way to write off contention completely next year is probably to keep THJ.

(09-10-2020, 12:43 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: Am I the only person that would trade KP.

I read a story today that a player 7-3 or taller has never played in 1000 career games in the NBA and he is already at 250 games

I am curious what you guys think about this

Keeping him for an extended duration could jeopardize our ability to build around Luka

I think it's safe to say he's not going to be here as long as Luka is if the Mavs keep Luka for more than 7 years or so. But if and when the Mavs trade him, they'll get pennies on the dollar. If he's going to into black hole of health-related career decline, then his value is probably greatest right now, and the Mavs would arguably be hard pressed to get back as much as they gave the Knicks right now. This is a guy who can shoot four-pointers with accuracy, drives like a guard at 7'3", protects the rim, and (beginning this last year) rebounds decently as well. They're perhaps better off riding him until his max expires and then let his broken down shell (if that's what he is at that time) walk or re-sign for a third of his current contract or less.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-10-2020, 12:48 AM