Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-09-2020, 07:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 02:41 PM)Mapka Wrote: I just think our Team would be better on with less swapping.

I just think our team would be better off with more defense.

(09-09-2020, 07:13 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: The missed opportunities are players like Buddy Hield who could be a good fit and obtainable. I don't think the MBT will look at Hield at all, simply because his contract extends out for several years. I believe he would be a good asset and potentially flippable in a later deal down the line. But it's unlikely we see any moves like that bc it's all ab Giannis right now.

I actually liked the content of your post and thought it was pretty accurate and well-thought-out. I just wanted to say that I don't want Hield because defense matters.

Ya I have read mixed reviews ab his defense. I haven't watched enough to form an opinion. I see him as a clear upgrade over THJ but he's just an example. Mavs will very likely pass up signing a guy for the full MLE even if it's a player that could be an asset bc they won't dare cut into that 2021 cap space. 

Curry is quite an asset, albeit not a perfect player. Could Donnie find a deal like that this summer? I think for sure he could but even if Wright is dumped I bet Mavs go with non-guaranteed or expiring deals to ensure they keep that max slot open in 2021. That's my big frustration.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-09-2020, 07:30 PM