Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-09-2020, 02:12 PM)LukaDrive Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 02:06 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor reported the Bucks are the "clear favorites" to sign Antetokounmpo when he becomes a free agent in 2021. However, the Miami HeatGolden State WarriorsToronto Raptors and Dallas Mavericks are lining up a possible offer, and the Los Angeles Clippers are considering all of their options in a potential sign-and-trade.

"One of the sources said Giannis has an 'admiration' for Clippers head coach Doc Rivers," O'Connor wrote.

Time to offer the whole team minus Luka   Smile

The issue for any team is that you do not trade anything good for Giannis absent an extension. I am not sure if the team can get the extension at the time the trade is executed (did Houston do that with CP3 when they got him)? Mavs have mostly role players. You certainly would not trade KP unless you had Giannis locked up. You might give up anything not Luka or KP for a 1 yr gamble of Giannis.

Even if you gave up #18, 31 and some combination of your best non-star assets (Curry, DFS, Maxi, Brunson) for a 1 yr rental of Giannis I doubt that would be the best deal they could get. They could either a) try to get Giannis to stay (as many teams do) or b) get a better offer from a team that is confident they could keep Giannis. Certainly GSW would have a competitive offer. Other good teams might give up something good. I am still not convinced Bucks will entertain offers but we shall see.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-09-2020, 03:05 PM