Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-09-2020, 10:10 AM)omahen Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 10:07 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: It makes a lot more sense to add two former top 5 picks like Fultz/Bamba and another top 10 pick this year. Ross/Aminu or Fournier will also have better trade-on value than the Milwaukee player package.

I get that part. I don't get why Magic would do it. They are not one piece away. Adding Paul doesn't make them contender, not even close.

Are you sure?

CP3
Fournier
Gordon
Isaac
Vucevic

What team in the East has a significantly better starting 5?

They´d go from DJ Augustin to CP3. PG is their main weakness. CP3 could connect all the dots for them.

Furthermore the Magic haven´t won a play-off series since 2009. That´s usually a pretty good trade driver.

________

I wouldn´t be shocked, if we the Mavs tried to trade for CP3. Brunson, #18, #31, Kleber/Curry (high re-trade value) + Wright/Powell (need to eat some sh*t, too).

Under such a scenario, Mavs come out with

CP3 41
Porzingis 31
Doncic 10
DFS 4

Get two more $10M (Saric/Dunn?) before you have to fill out the rest with minimum guys.

The most interesting part is that CP3 expires in 2022, so theoretically you could have Porzingis + Doncic caphold + DFS caphold and again $50M in capspace. Question is do the Mavs want to put everything into FA 2021 or maybe try to create a more serious two year window. These are some very tough decisions ahead.

Though Paul and Cuban would definitely be best friends. Nobody complains about refs more than CP3 and MC62.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Mavs2019 - 09-09-2020, 10:59 AM