Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-09-2020, 02:49 AM)omahen Wrote: If Milwaukee trades for CP3, we should go after George Hill (he will have to be included in the trade to match salaries). Still excellent defender, veteran leader and best three point shooter last season. I am not sure how much of his last year is guaranteed. Wright+#31 (or a couple of future seconds) should be enough. OKC has no need for him, if they are rebuilding. We can also take Ilyasova for Jackson.
I guess they´ll have to do something like that, but how much better are you without Bledsoe, Hill, Ilyasova, DiVincenzo and whatever future picks you have to give up?

CP3
Matthews
Middleton
Giannis
Lopez

Bench: Korver, Connaughton.

Okay I guess you have to try everything now, you´ll get 7-8 deep with some ring chasers. Makes sense. SOLD. CP3 to Bucks it is.

For the Spurs ideas,

I don´t even know how deep you have to go with the offer. DeRozan (and especially 36 year old LMA) are on expiring contracts and unlikely to re-sign. Only reason Spurs won´t go into rebuild mode is doing Popovich like that.

The thing about DeRozan is that you´ll need to create some additional capspace for 2021 to re-sign him. I´d try to clearly define his terms, IF we manage to get a max player in 2021 (like the old Matthews plan). In that case I´d be willing to let go of Curry and Kleber. You dump Powell/Wright, you can probably get to 20M/year for DeRozan while keeping max capspace for Giannis.

Muppet mode activated. Big Grin
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Mavs2019 - 09-09-2020, 03:28 AM