Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-08-2020, 01:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 11:59 AM)Mapka Wrote: This would mean we didn't have picked in three years- last, this and next and then give them all away again. Whom are we targeting then?

To be fair it doesn't really matter if the Mavs hadn't had a draft pick in 3 years, since rookies rarely if ever make an impact on a championship team. When was the last time a rookie had a game changing/defining impact on a playoff team that pushes a team over the edge? Tim Duncan? 

So the Mavs if they did that hypothetical deal would be "picking" Julius Randle for their pick this year. Now Julius Randle isn't a perfect player by any means and he doesn't slide into the Mavs team as easily as someone like RoCo or Aaron Gordon, BUT he would probably be better than 57 out of the 60 picks this year.

And the Mavs get out of a bad contract with Wright, get a 4 mil buyout for 2021, and get a big forward that can be an offensive powerhouse. 

Plus, it seems by all accounts plenty of teams are selling their late picks this draft. Mavs could theoretically buy a late first rounder or a mid 2nd rounder and nab a prospect anyways if they so desired.

That would be Rondo - Bäh - why did you even ask xD.

But players on their rookie contracts would recently be OG and Pascal and Barnes and Green.

I'm fine with trading the pick for a player.
But not for cap clearing or hope on a big fish 2 years from now.
I would be fine with having no cap for the next 15 years. 

I trust the MBT to know better about the drafties then me. And I trust them even more in using middling assets to trade for a starter or get one from the garbage bin with the MLE. 

I don't trust them in getting a starter worth his money if they have amounts of capspace.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Mapka - 09-08-2020, 02:48 PM