Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-08-2020, 01:02 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: What if we thought of LaMarcus as a cap clearing measure and combine a couple of the ideas above.  I think White would be a great fit here.  I would do #18 for him and his RFA rights and small cap hold in 21.  One year of Aldridge would be nice and if that part of the deal were Wright, Jackson and Maxi, I could live with it.  SA gets a good player (Maxi) and Dallas wipes out $17mm in cap commitments for 21.  

SA can then combine their pick and 18 to move up and get another high end starter.  Maxi would be a great fit next to Poeltl.  Think of it this way, White is probably more or at least equal value to Maxi and you are giving up #18 to get rid of $17mm of cap commitments.  More palatable?

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but are we sure the team isn't significantly worse by moving Kleber out and Aldridge in? I mean, I get that the point of this deal is cap clearing, but idk if I'm ready to sacrifice a season to accomplish that. 

Aldridge doesn't have range, isn't really a rim running threat, would want the ball (in the mid-range, clogging things up for Luka), doesn't seem like a difference maker on defense, etc, etc, etc. I mean, I'd probably be all about it if there was no KP, but I don't think those two could play together. Like, at all. Aldridge also doesn't have a super great history of being the ultimate team player when things don't go his way. The Mavs culture is super great right now. 

Kind of smacks of Antawn Jamison + Anotoine Walker to me.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-08-2020, 01:25 PM