Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-08-2020, 01:02 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 11:43 AM)omahen Wrote: I don't know who comes up with this crappy Mavs ideas. Trade for Bev will not happen as both sides had their chance in 2019 free agency and didn't take it. And we are certainly not giving up Kleber for him.

Now, the deal under Denver is something completely different. #22, Morris and Diop for Derrick White. I guess #18, #31 and Jackson tops that offer.

But no, idiots think we are willing to give up Kleber and #18 for Aldridge...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2907...y-nba-team

What if we thought of LaMarcus as a cap clearing measure and combine a couple of the ideas above. I think White would be a great fit here. I would do #18 for him and his RFA rights and small cap hold in 21. One year of Aldridge would be nice and if that part of the deal were Wright, Jackson and Maxi, I could live with it. SA gets a good player (Maxi) and Dallas wipes out $17mm in cap commitments for 21.

SA can then combine their pick and 18 to move up and get another high end starter. Maxi would be a great fit next to Poeltl. Think of it this way, White is probably more or at least equal value to Maxi and you are giving up #18 to get rid of $17mm of cap commitments. More palatable?

I'd say yes, but it's the Spurs. They would find a way to make the trade a win-win-win for them. Like their pick being the next Kawhi or something.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-08-2020, 01:04 PM