Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I'm a big fan of Jevon Carter. Ever since I saw him play against us, I followed the guy. 

His had all the defensive accolades in college basketball:
  • 2x NABC Defensive Player of the Year (2017, 2018) *Past winners Duncan, Shane Battier, Thabeet, Faried, AD, Oladipo
  • Naismith Defensvie Player of the Year (2018)
  • 2x Lefty Dreissell Award (2017)
  • 4x Big 12 All-Defensive Team (2015-2018)   *Always been defensive minded
  • Record Steals leader for WVU
@"DanSchwartzman", I look up his numbers in College and in Pros, your very
right, his numbers do go up when he plays more.  Phoenix is defintely crowded in PG with Ricky Rubio, Cameron Payne, and Jalen Lecque. And with the number 10 draft pick, its projected that they will pick this boards sought out player, Tyrese Haliburton. Phoenix picks Haliburton, and they would really make Jevon Carter expendable. If Burke and Barea leaves, I would defintely make him my priority. Having Curry, Brunson, Barea, and Burke seem redundant in there skillset, heck its redundant to type so many B's. A point guard that stops all the Lou Williams, Kyrie Irvings and Ja Morants would be great.

So what if he can't shoot twos, its the threes that the Mavs would put him to shoot. His defense converts to steals/missed shots, steals to points, especially guarding against the opponents starting playmaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMzdkU-6W4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=158O2g0mhLs

Video Description: he is one of the only players in the league who picks up full court hes a goddamn bulldog hes been an underdog throughtout his life where he wasnt highly recruited but he has built a reputation for being a hardworker…. and his mindset known as the “treadmill mentality” is the reason he will be around this league for years to come

His got a RFA this year of almost $2mill, Mavs should immediately offer him twice that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by FunkBoreland - 09-07-2020, 05:19 PM