Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Let me preface this saying I don't believe this would happen at all, I'm just fantasy trading at this point and trying to figure out if the value to each team is even enough to tweek. Also, I don't believe Hayward is worth the contract he has and that he is probably at this point worth more to another team than he is to Boston. That said, 3 team trade:

Bos out:
Hayward and Smart

Bos in:
THJ, DW, Aaron Gordon, Mavs 2025 first, Orl 2021 first

This move puts players in better positions and possibly bolsters their bench along with their draft assets. A first team core of Walker/Brown/Tatum/Gordon looks pretty good to me, if either they find a good C that fits that group or Tacko improves, they would easily be contenders IMO.

Orl out:
Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross, 2021 first

Orl in:
Gordon Hayward

As far as why doesn't Orl just trade this package for Hayward and cut Dal out so Bos can keep Smart? Don't have the best answer for that other than Bos would rather have THJ, DW and a pick minus Smart as opposed to Terrence Ross. However, for Orl, this puts a player at the 3 spot that plays the 3 spot allowing for the struggle between Isaac and Gordon to be alleviated. It gives them the hope that Hayward returns to his all star form and helps them get further into the playoffs.

Dal out:
THJ, DW, 2025 first

Dal in:
Smart and Ross

Dallas gets their bulldog defending starter who is another playmaker on the court to facilitate the offense to give Luka some plays off. Ross is a vet bench wing that we can bolster our vet presence and wing depth with. He could also be one of those RC reclamation projects.

I think this is close to fair value for each team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 09-07-2020, 01:25 PM