Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I'm a fan of WCS's potential, but his option is for roughly $500K over what his minimum would be. My suspicion is that not opting in would result in a loss of that $500K. And, if he CAN get more than that, he should take it, and I sure hope he doesn't get more from the Mavericks, at least until he has proven himself for a year. 

This narrative about how "he doesn't like it here" is wildly speculative though, and doesn't seem to be rooted in reality. If he leaves, the most likely explanation will be that THEY don't like HIM as much as some other team does. He's not Lebron James, and he's far, far, far from being in a situation where he can pre-negotiate a minutes plan or take his pick from a scad of lucrative offers. Frankly, he's closer to playing in China than he is to that situation, and he knows that. Changing agents is in no way a definite indicator that he's opting out or wanting to change teams, obviously. Have we ever considered that his previous agent might have given up on the dude (because he has been underwhelming, so far) or stopped paying the proper attention to him (because he has been underwhelming, to this point) or expressed interest in a career path the client didn't like (ex: "you know, Willie, it's not really working out for you in the NBA, but I can get you a good deal in Turkey. I have connections there, and in my professional opinion, it's the best thing for your career.")? 

The above isn't aimed at anyone specific - I've just been reading so many examples of that kind of thinking with this dude, and I just don't get it. Even in situations where clashes are reported, they're often overblown, and in this situation, I don't recall reading anything that suggests the guy is unhappy here. Outside of fan boards, that is.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-06-2020, 08:40 AM