Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-06-2020, 02:27 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 01:02 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I watched the games in which he played (and yes, I know you did too). He did too perform.

Did we watch the same games...? I remember 1 standout game vaguely from WCS (just looked it up, it was against Charlotte where Luka didn't play and he put up a solid 15 and 10). 

Other than that he barely got on the floor for any significant amount of time. Carlisle routinely played him 5 minutes a game and yanked him because of his lack of impact. Then he went MIA dealing with a death in his family. And then opted out of the bubble. WCS played a total of 157 minutes for the Mavs. 

I get we all want a recreation of Tyson/Brandan Wright but WCS isn't it.

I think he´ll get another opportunity, if he wants it.

His first absence was due to the death of a family member. We don´t know how that person passed away, but if it was an illness, it surely would have impacted his performances in the weeks prior. Combined with the pregnancy of his wife/girlfriend, that must have been a hard time personally.

Furthermore lots of his on-court issue seemed related to his fitness imho. He always trailed plays and was breathing hard after a few minutes. That´s something you can fix.

Plus the raw plus/minus numbers weren´t so bad.

+5 / +8 / +1 / -5 / -1 / -3 / +25 / +2 / -16 / +5 / -3 / -7 / -2.  Admittedly lots of back-up and garbage minutes.

He ranked 20th in DRPM last season.

Given our limited financial resources this summer and the fact that we have three other centers are under contract, who will have minutes managed for various reasons, keeping WCS is probably the best option. Obviously the Mavs could draft a PF/C, but will Carlisle trust that player to defend the paint immediately?

I´d rather spend the money on somebody like Kris Dunn. Plus the Mavs need to be a bit smarter, when it comes to these contract dumping opportunities. Isaac Bonga ranks 6th in DRPM in the whole league at age 20, while the next best Wizard ranks 134th. The Lakers gave him away for free. He´d be a target for me next summer.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Mavs2019 - 09-06-2020, 03:35 AM