Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-06-2020, 12:17 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 05:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: People are REALLY selling WCS short. He showed the ability to rim run with Luka (93.5 percentile and 1.46 PPP as roll man with the Mavs) and be a switch defending big. I will be VERY disappointed if he doesn't come back for another shot.

I don't think I'm selling him short. WCS was by every measure underwhelming in his short stint here. Sure, WCS is the archetype of a big the Mavs would like and is on paper a good fit, but it was obvious from the moment he started playing that the fit was awkward at best. He played in 13 of the 23 games he was available to play in. He didn't crack more than 10 minutes in 5 of those 13.

So is it really selling him short? Would he have not gotten more burn if was anything close to a positive impact player? It's not like the Mavs had a glut of bigs and didn't need him. The Mavs were motivated to replace Powell's role and trade for the guy, and he still didn't perform.

And given the fact Powell is coming back and the emergence of Boban as a reliable offensive option off the bench, it makes WCS return even less needed.

I watched the games in which he played (and yes, I know you did too). He did too perform.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-06-2020, 01:02 AM