Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I'm starting to hope that 1) THJ opts out and goes somewhere else, and 2) the Mavs find a way to offload Wright's salary before the opening of free agency. That would likely give the Mavs around $15 mil in cap room - a $10 mil player, a $5 mil player, and the rMLE, which could be used on Burke while freeing Brunson up for trade. 

I don't know - I just have this sense that the Mavs need two new starters this offseason - a playmaker/shooter/defender next to Luka, and a rangy defensive wing (perhaps even big enough to play the four legitimately). That seems like such a tall order - those two profiles tend to be expensive - I just don't know how they're going to do it. If they play the Plan Powder game, they won't. I would surmise right now that the weaker of the two new starters will be acquired using the full MLE, while the stronger will be acquired either through a trade which involves our draft pick, or by trading up in the draft and nailing that pick. Guess I'm glad I'm not Donnie.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-04-2020, 06:12 PM