Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-04-2020, 12:40 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I guess I was thinking ab his overall play. Powell is a similar player to Harrell in my view altho Harrell is much more productive and will be getting an even bigger contract.
Similar in that they're both energy guys, but I think the comparison mostly ends there. Not similar in the way they use their energy IMO. Harrell plays bigger than he is, which is important cause he can bang with many of the bigs in the league. Powell isn't on his level in that regard. Harrell is a rebounder esp on the offensive end, Powell is not. Basically Harrell is a bigger Kenneth Faried while DP is another Brendan Wright (slightly upgraded).

If people actually think Harrell is similar to Powell, then I guess I understand now why they like him so much. I don't think they are all that similar at all.

(09-04-2020, 12:40 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Furthermore what's the larger point, that we should bench Powell in the playoffs? I suppose that could happen but I doubt it. If the argument is we should dump Powell somewhere that ship has definitely sailed. If we thought he would be hard to move before he is definitely not going to be moved now.
This is changing the argument. Those showing the flaws of Powell are just rebutting the group saying how much they like him and why.

I wish Powell was a $5-8M/yr player who is a spark plug off the bench. Instead, he is a $10M/yr starter. Because he isn't that IMO, and especially after the injury, I don't mind finding someone who might find some use for him, if we can't find that, we're stuck with that contract and what is hopefully a fingers crossed recovery. I know very well that the FO doesn't see it the way I do, doesn't mean I just sweep my convictions away.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 09-04-2020, 01:22 PM