Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-03-2020, 10:55 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: In a perfect world Mavs somehow get a starter with the MLE and another one via trade; Wright, Brunson, Curry all candidates along with a pick.

OK, so here are some questions for you:

1) Do you want to bring back Trey Burke?

2) Do you want him to start?

Because literally, it's going to take about half of the MLE to sign that guy once THJ opts in, which he obviously will, and while I feel strongly that he could potentially provide something this team needs, I don't think he's a starter. If you're ok with waiving goodbye to Burke and going back to Brunson/Barea, then sure, I'd think getting a starter for the MLE is a reasonable expectation. 

As far as your trade idea is concerned, I don't think there's any question that they'll try to move Wright, but I doubt he'll be enough to fetch a starter in return, and I doubt they'll even think about moving Curry or Brunson, especially if Burke isn't back. Could be wrong, but they seem quite thrilled with those dudes.
[/quote]

No I don’t want Burke to start and no I wouldn’t give him half the MLE. I’m hoping the Mavs FO isn’t that reactionary either.

Burke has a solid couple of weeks...he’s had an entire career of being a vet min journeyman type player.

It’s not out of the realm of possibility that some GM out there decides he’s deserving of a bigger deal and if that’s the case I say good for you Trey go get that $$.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by MaxiThreeba - 09-04-2020, 07:58 AM