Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-04-2020, 12:21 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: 1) Do you want to bring back Trey Burke?

If he is vet min, I am ok if he is back. He is not a starter and we already have two small guards on the bench (Brunson, Curry), so it is quite hard for me to see him in the rotation.

(09-04-2020, 12:21 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: 2) Do you want him to start?

No way. He is not a starter

(09-03-2020, 08:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wouldn't pull the trigger on anything that jeopardizes 2021

I can't agree with this kind of plan. It is quite possible there will be ZERO max worthy players available in 2021. We should do our best this offseason and spend assets this offseason without caring about 2021. Miami needed 1 FRP to clear max cap space for Butler, and they had horrible contracts. Same with GSW to orchestrate a SnT. Boston did it without adding a pick.

Of course this doesn't mean we trade because of trading. It means you do the moves to improve. Bring in a good MLE. I am sure moving a young player like DJJ or Dunn on a value contract will not be difficult, if Giannis decides to come. Trade Wright with assets attached (if needed) for someone who can play, possibly as a starter. If there is a chance for Dipo or Jrue, you make it happen.

Someone else put it very nicely - cap space is not an asset. No one will come because you have cap space. They will come because you have a good team. So worry about that first.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 09-04-2020, 12:56 AM