Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-03-2020, 03:47 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The Mavs ought to be looking at the Heat to see how to build around Luka in years to come. I have to yell for the benefit of Isaac Harris and other buffoons who are so concerned about preserving 2021 cap space - YOU DON'T NEED CAP SPACE TO SIGN GREAT PLAYERS - ONLY A DEARTH OF BAD CONTRACTS. I call it the Butler rule. May the MBT and all Mav fans and commentators learn it well.

I am not happy ab it but I know its the reality of the MBT so its the framework for how I think ab potential trades. That being said, the big caveat is that in 2021 there is really only one marquee star player and that's Giannis. I think plan powder may not hold if he signs that supermax.

Last year the Mavs wet the bed in that they had a bunch of FAs they could have signed but didn't even with all the powder in the world. They ended up with some value contracts that they didn't even need cap space for.

I was all ab Kemba and Brogdon. Kemba was their guy and it didn't work out. Other names came and went. I am still unhappy they didn't at least try to talk to Brogdon or Jimmy Butler. They didn't pursue Bojan Bogdanovic. I think D'Ro would have been a smart move from an asset management perspective. Even if you don't think he's a fit he was a 23 yr old all-star that was hitting UFA due to unusual circumstances. But Mavs didn't even take a look.

So ya Plan powder is not great but I am resigned to the fact that MBT will do everything in their power to keep it going unless and until they get a third star or core player.

(09-03-2020, 03:29 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Miami already looks like the favorites for rings this year the way they are playing. I abhor that franchise due to 2006 and their locational fortune. The thought of them improving beyond how good they are now... The thought of Luka being a perennial also-ran because of the Heat becoming obscenely stacked...

I am not worried ab that, they are in the East. Let's worry ab getting past the Clippers and Warriors first.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-03-2020, 04:22 PM