Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I know Toronto has a good core and Masai Ujiri but I still wonder if Toronto as a city can attract a big FA. I listened to a Bosh podcast once and historically they have had a tough time getting FA's. Toronto isn't that far from NY but you do have the beating of going through customs all the time and very high taxes. In Miami you have no state income tax and...it's Miami. A place that guys want to go to. I still wonder if a Superstar FA wants to live in Toronto for any length of time.

(09-03-2020, 02:49 PM)omahen Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 02:45 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I know ab the Bam rumor but it doesn't make any sense. They would rather have Oladipo than Bam? Also Bam is an asset you could get a return for, why wouldn't you extend him first and trade him later if that's what you want? I will believe that when I see it.

You don't understand. The plan is not to extend him this season as they will have his bird rights and his cap hold is low. They will enter 2021 offseason with Butler and a couple of rookie contracts (Okpala, Silva, Herro). They will have low cap holds of Bam, Nunn and Robinson. First step they sign free agents Oladipo and Giannis. Second step they resign Bam, Nunn and Robinson and go over the cap as much as needed.

Gotcha. Ya that's a winner right there, I think Miami would be in the lead for Giannis if he bolts Milwaukee. Even if he likes the team he's on, he's in a small market and he's a superstar player.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-03-2020, 02:51 PM