Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-03-2020, 02:18 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 01:37 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: If it is an open secret that if Giannis bolts it's to Toronto or Miami then Dallas' efforts should be two-fold.

1- Position yourself as an option for the Greek Freak
2- Be able to quickly pivot to being a landing spot for players those teams may have to unload; FVV (if he re-signs) and Powell in Toronto; DJJ, Adebayo, Robinson (if they're re-signed) in Miami

Those players you listed are not going to be unloaded. Both the Heat & Raptors have tons of cap space. I think even a maxed FVV would probably fit on the Raps with Giannis. Those other players are not getting in the way of Giannis signing with either of those teams.

You know you are more than likely absolutely correct. I screwed up looking at their chart. Adebayo and Robinson will have small capholds and won't affect anything. I accelerated that a year and had those two and DJJ already re-signed heading in to that summer.

Heat really put together a nice roster on the fly with mid-round firsts, vets and some home run bargain bin shopping
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by MaxiThreeba - 09-03-2020, 02:31 PM