Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
We talk ab Plan Powder a lot but the other strategy the MBT has done for years is coupling PP with Nuclear Winter. Now both strategies have mostly failed until the Kristaps trade which is the most Nuclear Winter one-sided trade of all time. Donnie absolutely killed the Knicks and we may never see a trade like that again. To get a star player still in his early-mid twenties for almost nothing is just amazing.

So knowing the MBT is likely to again roll out PP + NW, who are some targets? Remember if THJ opts in you will have ab 28 mil in expiring contracts to start the offseason before any other moves are made.

Teams with big salaries include GSW, 76ers, Celtics, Nets, Bucks. The 76ers are a team that stand out as they are in a weird place with their salaries.

You have a bunch of overpaid players across the league:
CP3, Griffin, Wall, Love, Westbrook, Harris, Middleton, Wiggins and so on.

If Giannis signs his Supermax, 2021 doesn't look that appealing assuming you don't believe LeBron or Paul George are serious targets. Furthermore if you did land a Jrue Holiday you are likely having to give him a 4 year deal at huge money.

Middleton is one to keep an eye on bc I wonder how interested the Bucks will be in his deal if Giannis leaves in 2021.

Otherwise I wonder if like Griffin or Love would make any sense should the team on the other side simply want to dump their deal? Griffin hasn't been my favorite target but if Griffin is your 3rd best player and you are only committed to 2 years that's not bad. What if you could get Griffin for mostly expiring assets + a pick or two? It's something to think ab at least.

Hield is brought up a lot and could be a target depending on what the Kings want to do. If the Kings feel like THJ is a comparable talent without the long contract, they might take THJ + filler and picks for Hield. I would not be against that either.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-03-2020, 10:28 AM