Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-02-2020, 06:59 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 12:31 PM)cow Wrote: I want no part of Oladipo due to what he'll cost, injury history and his inconsistent performance throughout his career.  2017-18 is an outlier.

Agree. Sign him, and the Dallas trends of settling for damaged goods continues (ie Matthews, Parsons). To his credit, his game improved so much with the Pacers, but with a recovered torn quad, I rather steer clear than to be surprised that another injury happens.

Our roster already contains palyers with nagging or grave injure history:
KP - ACL and now meniscus tear 
Powell - Rupture Achilles
THJ - Left leg tibia
Seth - Left knee and tibia

Do you want to add another name to that list???
Mavs aren't known to build draft players since this teams identity with Rick believes more in IQ (experience) than athleticism (youth), however with your star player Luka being 21, you better trade for young, up and coming players than someone on the verge or already down his peak playing days.

The last couple are a little bit unfair. I mean most NBA players have had some kind of injury. If we are going to cross off names of any player that has missed time for any kind of injury we are going to have a pretty short list. Until last year LeBron is the only player I can think of that was seemingly always available.

(09-03-2020, 04:02 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: So, Giannis will choose Miami for us because? 32 years old Butler? Bam? Especially if the knock him out this year?Nah, doubt it. 
I have been against plan powder since its start in 2011, saying super stars has better options.But 2021 is the year I say it is warranted to consider it.
Obviously, we need to look at cap situation first

I don't know man. You are basically making the same case MBT will make to themselves for plan powder 2021 unless and until he signs that Supermax. I think Miami is an attractive destination.

Dallas isn't competing against Miami, they would be competing against the field in a situation where the biggest FA to hit the market since KD is suddenly available to any team that can clear cap space.

Who thought Jimmy Butler was going to wind up on the Heat last year? They had no cap space and yet got him. GSW got Deangelo Williams despite being hopelessly over the cap. Crap happens and you would be competing against at least half the league including many teams that could compete from a talent standpoint.

I am resigned to the fact that Plan Powder reigns forever so if we should get to that point I will try to talk myself into him coming here. I would rather Giannis put us all out of our misery and sign the Supermax. As a team that wants to keep their own Superstar down the line when they become a UFA we should hope other homegrown stars stay with their own team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-03-2020, 08:40 AM