Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-02-2020, 08:58 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: [quote pid='36036' dateline='1599035736']

If Giannis leaves, I think we will be favorites by some margin.
He will be almost lock to get Lebron number of rings here, that can't be said about anywhere else.
I think he is 80%  staying, so even then it isn't a big chance.

Miami has like no cap commitments in 2021 besides Butler and some of their young players. I think they will be the biggest destination for any FA looking for a new home. I also think it will be moot bc I believe Giannis is signing that supermax this offseason.
[/quote]

So, Giannis will choose Miami for us because? 32 years old Butler? Bam? Especially if the knock him out this year?Nah, doubt it. 
I have been against plan powder since its start in 2011, saying super stars has better options.But 2021 is the year I say it is warranted to consider it.
Obviously, we need to look at cap situation first

(09-02-2020, 03:20 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 03:04 PM)cow Wrote: I'd argue Wrigth wasn't really here at the beginning of this season.  Trade Wright when you need cap space but not before.  The longer you hold onto him, the less expensive it will become to get rid of him.
Plan Powder 2020 should be called Plan Just Go Away, Luka. Arguably the stupidest conceivable move available to any of the league's 30 front offices this offseason, short of the Mavs trading Luka for a beer. Luka is a win-now player who won't tolerate the mortgaging of any seasons.

Sadly for Luka, he is under our control until 2025 at earliest
And this is why any win now over win in 2023-2026 is a disaster. 
You compete for WCF now, and then fail to win a ring in that timeline, he leaves once he has the chance. You take a first round exit in 2021, but make him win rings in that timeline, he stays.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by khaled1987 - 09-03-2020, 04:02 AM