Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-02-2020, 03:50 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 03:20 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: By far the most important thing for the Mavs to learn from the 2019 offseason - if you want a top FA to sign with you, then you tamper, absolute end of story, because otherwise he'll be off the board at 12:01 am EST.

This and I would add that you reach an agreement with the top FA before you clear capspace. That´s what Miami did last summer. That´s what GS did when they signed Durant. Capspace alone isn´t doing anything and the last few free agencies showed us that teams can always create a max slot if they need to.

FA is after draft night. Mavs won't have any picks when FA starts. Honestly I think 50/50 Wright gets traded draft night, with or without a pick. If not draft night then in the summer. I think his value is super low. Not horrible but what you are getting back is probably a player on a 1 yr deal which is their version of a player they don't want.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-02-2020, 04:21 PM