Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-01-2020, 06:57 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 04:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 04:22 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Since we were discussing Fish in the MVP thread

The usual. Some guy on TV/radio with no inside information says something. Fishs makes a story out of it. Ends it with the usual the chance isn´t zero. We don´t know what Giannis thinks.

The more interesting question. Giannis signs his supermax deal this offseason. Who else could the Mavs target with max capspace?

I hope he signs the supermax this offseason so we can put that pipedream to bed. He absolutely should as its a ton of money and the Bucks are a perennial contender. As much as I'd like him on the Mavs the odds are basically zero or close to it. When a top superstar leaves, it's not for Dallas. Miami would be probably the leader in the Giannis sweepstakes but Donnie and Cubes would talk Fish into thinking he's 80% committed to Dallas. It would just be a waste of everyone's time.

How often did we have the projected best player in the league?

The 90´s called with: Never in the history of basketball will the best player in the league sign with the Clippers as a free agent.

But there is plenty to do with our capspace.

The RFA class alone...

Mitchell, Tatum, Fox, Isaac, Markkanen, John Collins, Adebayo, Ball, Allen, Fultz, Kennard, Zach Collins, Trent, Anunoby, Kuzma, Hart, Nunn, Robinson, Bonga, Ferguson, DSJ, Monk.

Insane. Of course some are slam dunk extensions, but I´d say there are also a few times that you can deal some hammerblow headaches, that will have ripple effects. Max offer to Isaac. What happens to Fultz extension, to Fournier extension, to Gordon and Bamba. Ball offer. What happens to Hart? Adebayo max extension and maybe Oladipo. What happens to Nunn and Robinson.
Zach Collins and Gary Trent. Will  and can Portland extend both. Jarrett Allen at the Nets with superstar VAJ already under contract.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Mavs2019 - 09-02-2020, 11:08 AM