Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(08-31-2020, 10:20 AM)omahen Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:55 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I don’t see how Wright and a non-specific pick are worth Rose and Kennard. I think Rose and Kennard is worth Richardson and any number of picks Phi has this year. Not sure why the Mavs are included at all.

Basic logic:
Rose+Kennard = equal value to Richardson. Why would Philly need to add picks? Richardson is the best player in this trade
Wright+#18 = equal value to Richardson. Since Philly doesn't need Wright, Detroit picks a back up PG and a mid first round pick. I doubt Detroit can get more for the two players, without taking some worse salary back. This way they keep all their cap space to sell for additional assets

Perhaps #31 should be added, but I doubt any more.

(08-31-2020, 09:41 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Don't be shocked if Mavs do a trade down or even give up a pick to trade Wright into cap space for some team that is under the cap.

Why would they do that? I see no point in that... His contract can be used in a trade and they have TDL or next summer to do it, even if they can't work something this FA.

I hate to be the wet blanket, but Dallas ALMOST ASSUREDLY cannot physically trade until after the draft.
Obviously Dallas cannot trade their pick without acquiring another 1st rd pick prior to the trade -
They also are hard capped for the 19-20 season (Wright S&T + Porzingas signing triggers) so they are going to have a very difficult time adding salary until the 20-21 season starts.
I really love the thought of acquiring 1-2 of Philly's picks for taking on a bad contract for expiring/near expiring money and unless there is a deal to be had during the draft (we love a player/someone else loves a player in our slot) that won't become official until after July 1st (well the 2020 equivalent of it anyway) we have to wait until the clock strikes 20-21.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by SkenfromLMF - 09-01-2020, 09:28 PM