Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-01-2020, 08:31 AM)omahen Wrote: Det: Gordon, #18, #31
Hou: THJ, Kennard
Mavs: RoCo
I would do this perhaps trying to not include 1 of the picks (maybe a future second? Or Cuban buying an additional second or even first this year and including it? I think if Phi can’t use their picks to get what they need in trade then they sell a couple). Having RoCo on this team would be so much of what we were missing this year. 

(09-01-2020, 08:31 AM)omahen Wrote: Here are a couple of trades that Detroit beat writer proposes:
Rose+Kennard for Kanter, Edwards, Green, #14 and #30. So just slightly better picks than #18 and #31.

Second proposal is Kennard to Orlando for Birch and #15. Again same range as Dallas

Third one is with Sacramento taking back Joseph and #12
Maybe a beat writer has more of the pulse on the team and a good sense of what the team wants to do, but their educated guesses, I don’t think, are any better than many well thought out trades we see here. What those proposals show me is that they are looking for a first round pick from each of the players and don’t care much about the salary matching players. I do like JRich for this team, but I have to hesitate if we have to add another pick.

Maybe that tweet was a saving face quote because they found out the market for Rose wasn’t what they thought it would be, maybe not. Maybe they change their mind and more aggressively shop Rose with lowered expectations. No telling. We only know as of Feb, they were looking for a trade where another team offered a nice package.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 09-01-2020, 12:28 PM