Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-01-2020, 07:52 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Just like any other trade it would depend on the Mavs offer. If the Mavs are willing to include both picks or trade THJ for Gordons terrible contract the Rockets would probably agree. Mavs obviously wouldn´t.

I think first thing you have to take into account is, that Houston wants to remain competitive. So they will do a trade, if it makes them better. They don't care about picks, young talent and so on. They are in a win now window. Sure they would want to get rid of Gordon horrible contract for a similar value player like THJ, but Mavs are not doing that unless Tucker and Roco are attached to it and Powell going the other way. Which of course Houston won't do. So a third team would need to be involved. Mavs providing assets for Houston to get rid of Gordon contract. 

Perhaps somthing like this:

Det: Gordon, #18, #31
Hou: THJ, Kennard
Mavs: RoCo

(09-01-2020, 02:32 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think from this tweet they are looking for more than you think in a Rose trade. Also, Kennard was almost traded to Pho, but the teams couldn’t agree on where the first round pick protection should be. Those two things lead me to believe Det doesn’t agree with you that Rose and Kennard = Richardson.

Here are a couple of trades that Detroit beat writer proposes:
Rose+Kennard for Kanter, Edwards, Green, #14 and #30. So just slightly better picks than #18 and #31.

Second proposal is Kennard to Orlando for Birch and #15. Again same range as Dallas

Third one is with Sacramento taking back Joseph and #12

https://theathletic.com/2032667/2020/09/...ound-pick/
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 09-01-2020, 08:31 AM