Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Another possible scenario to think about is 2020 cap space. If we dump Powell +#18, Wright+#31 and Jackson+future second with WCS opting out we get to around 27 mil of cap space, assuming cap stays at 109. Sign Van Vleet for a deal starting at 15 and Grant for a deal starting at 12. It mostly kills our flexibility, other than some 15 mil of cap space in 2021. Or we can resign THJ next season and use MLE for further reinforcements. Still, very good starting 5 and excellent bench.

Luka, Brunson, vet min
FVV, Curry, vet min
THJ, DFS, vet min
Grant, Kleber, vet min
KP, Powell, Bobi

(09-01-2020, 06:24 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If the Rockets lose tommorrow there is a chance that D´Anthony is gone. Add the owners financial problems and there might be a chance that they are willing to include guys like Tucker or RoCo in a trade.
RoCo would obviously be the homerun but even Tucker (despite his age) would be a big upgrade for the Mavs.

D'Antoni is gone in any case, imho. Perhaps only, if they go all the way.

I started this coversation a while back and opinion was, this scenario will not happen. Both Tucker and RoCo would be great for us though.

I am more interested in what OKC will do. Sell everything valuable (Gallo SnT, Schroeder, CP3, Adams) or try another year. I think first round loss might stimulate them for a rebuild. Win, they might hope they are ready to contend with a couple of good additions.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 09-01-2020, 06:34 AM