Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-01-2020, 03:22 AM)omahen Wrote: Well, I would really like to do it without trading Curry Smile I also think we can afford to play Luka, THJ, JRich, DFS (or Kleber) and KP in the starting 5.
That starting 5 is why I like your deal to get Horford too. Sure he’s not what he used to be, but with Luka and KP we don’t need him to be. Luka, JRich, DFS (or prefer better like OPJ), Horford, KP.

I don’t want to see some of our good players go either, esp since the chemistry is so good with them. However, those players are the best chance to actually upgrade our roster in the starting unit, which IMO should be the top priority.

A top tier bench player on a good deal with a small asset (second rounder or equivalent) is enough to go after low end to mid tier starter types (depending on how good the contract is, or what special skills our player possesses compared to the needs of the team we’re trading with). We NEED mid tier starter types to get into contender status. Kleber, DFS and Curry are those guys currently. 

Curry (who I think is the type of player they will be desperately looking for IMO), might even be enough to them for a straight up 1 for 1 deal seeing as his deal is really good and skill set is their exact need.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 09-01-2020, 04:11 AM