Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(08-31-2020, 10:20 AM)omahen Wrote: Basic logic:
Rose+Kennard = equal value to Richardson. Why would Philly need to add picks? Richardson is the best player in this trade
Wright+#18 = equal value to Richardson. Since Philly doesn't need Wright, Detroit picks a back up PG and a mid first round pick. I doubt Detroit can get more for the two players, without taking some worse salary back. This way they keep all their cap space to sell for additional assets

Perhaps #31 should be added, but I doubt any more.
https://twitter.com/JLEdwardsIII/status/...50497?s=20
I think from this tweet they are looking for more than you think in a Rose trade. Also, Kennard was almost traded to Pho, but the teams couldn’t agree on where the first round pick protection should be. Those two things lead me to believe Det doesn’t agree with you that Rose and Kennard = Richardson.

Also, adding #31 is a pretty big additional tip. I think Curry and #31 (or maybe a first round pick swap #18 for #21 I think) would get the deal done leaving Det out of the mix. That deal only works for us if we move THJ out of the way to make room for JRich which I have no problem with. We would then need to figure out what to do with Wright still.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 09-01-2020, 02:32 AM