Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
If Davis Bertans signs for MLE or less I will be pissed bc it would be a classic example of Mavs rating cap space higher than players as assets. He is a hot commodity so I don't think he will sign for less than MLE but if he does the Mavs would have a major advantage imo. Sadly they would probably worry ab 2021 cap space, not realizing they could flip him for a pick and space in 2021 if they so choose.

(08-31-2020, 04:11 PM)omahen Wrote: Indy beat writer looks very pessimistic about Oladipo. Quote: Oladipo has changed. He’s still whip-smart, still thoughtful, still fun to be around, but somewhere along the way, somebody convinced him, or he convinced himself, that he’s a brand. And that brand has a better chance of growing, at least in the minds of Oladipo and his representatives, in Miami or a larger market. Now, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with that; careers are short, injuries are always lurking around the corner, and it’s best to maximize your earnings while you can. But this transformation – or whatever it is – has created the growing impression that he’s too big for humble, small-market Indiana and has half a foot out the door – OK, both feet out the door – as he approaches free agency at the end of next year.

He is also very down on Turner. He thinks core of Warren-Sabonis_Brogdon is great and Turner doesn't fit. They need shooters, he says. 

https://theathletic.com/2034695/2020/08/...oladipo-2/

Oladipo is the perfect target if you want to go for a big fish. He's expiring which hurts his trade value bc I assume he will not guarantee the trading team he is going to resign unless it's Miami.

He's a good player but didn't have a great year due to injury. Could you offer an opted-in THJ + #18 and #31 for Oladipo? This gives Indy a player that can produce + two picks. Granted another team could be this offer but would they if Oladipo is not going to resign? For example the Hawks always have cap space (and picks I guess?). Are they going to give up anything for Oladipo if he doesn't resign?

Mavs could take the gamble that they can keep him while also simultaneously keeping the door open for a Giannis pipedream.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 08-31-2020, 04:11 PM