Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(08-31-2020, 09:41 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: @"DanSchwartzman" I love this Wright for Thad Young idea. I think the Bulls would probably do that? Young still has 6 mil guaranteed in that last year which is probably as much as the Mavs would want on the books in 2021.

I am pretty sure you don't have to spend all of 10 mil of the MLE on a player but I think the min years is 3 (can someone verify)?

5. rMLE which probably gets used on a decent vet
6. MLE which is not guaranteed to be used unless Mavs can still keep a max slot open in 2021.

I am pretty sure Wright for T Young and MLE are mutually exclusive given Young's 6 mil guarantee. 

MLE can be split (which should have been obvious when I pointed out it was split last year between Roby and Curry).

Yes, MLE is for 3 years, but they don't have to be guaranteed.  This is why I try to be clear that in any Plan Powder scenario the MLE signing is only (guaranteed) for one year.  

When you speak of using the MLE and rMLE, what are you referring to?  What is the rMLE part of that?  If you are talking about the BAE, that was used last summer on Bobi.

(08-31-2020, 11:45 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Have I missed something? Why are we all in on plan powder again? Right now we don´t even have a number for this years salary cap. Gambling on 2021 seems crazy under the current circumstances.

The reason I've written about it today was Omahen asked what Bobby Marks wrote about.  He wrote about plan powder.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by DanSchwartzgan - 08-31-2020, 11:46 AM