Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(08-31-2020, 07:33 AM)omahen Wrote: Reading this piece below. Two main points where I see potential for Mavs
1. Minny will explore to trade #1 pick. My side note - NYK might be desperate to move up
2. Describing what Minny needs: "Someone who can block shots, is mobile enough to play on perimeter and can make shots from 3point line". Maxi is literally a definition of this guy. 

So assuming we like someone in the draft, for example Vassell, and NYK trades for the first round pick, I would do this trade:
Kleber, Wright, #18 for
Johnson, #8

The trade clears cap space for 2021, Johnson is a good enough enforcer for a season to replace Kleber and Vassell is the future 3-D starter. Minny gets a guy who would fit great next to Towns and a solid back up PG. 

https://theathletic.com/2013965/2020/08/...n-preview/

Very interesting.  Add's a talent that might be valued in a big trade (or as a long term talent here) and creates room for 2021 pursuits.  I almost think we need two sets of Off Season threads.  One would be Plan Powder ideas and other would be Plan Go-For-It-Now ideas.  

Just because you post such an idea (say a Plan Powder idea), doesn't mean you can't see the beauty of Go For It Now ideas.  Strategically, the question is probably what idea gives us the best starting lineup for the three years after the 2021 season begins.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by DanSchwartzgan - 08-31-2020, 08:17 AM