Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(08-30-2020, 11:09 PM)BoulderMFFL Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:21 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I also think our play is in the trade market. Only 4 names discussed in this thread am I somewhat interested in, Favors, DJJ, Aminu and Crowder. Favors is the only name in there that I'm pretty high on, the others are basically the same guys we have, with a defensive slant as opposed to offensive (which we do need on this team, but there is a chance that that bites us the opposite way). Trades is how we're going to make any big difference for next year.

Edit: Marc Gasol would be a good get to backup KP if Powell is moved too. Not sure his price tag is vet min though, who knows.

I am fairly certain it will take more than the MLE to sign Favors. And as I don't think Favors is in the Pelicans term long-term I believe a S&T is possible. So what do you think it would take to get him?

Unfortunately, last summer suggests that the most important thing is to sell the MBT on him. Huge banghead. Even worse, I would bet that their thought process was, "Why would we spend money on Favors when we have Powell?" Even bigger banghead.

SBJ, I'm not sure you understand me. I'm of the Riley school as opposed to the Plan Powder school. I don't believe that the Mavs can afford, on any level, to squander next year's talent quotient to make sure that max money comes off the ledger next summer. I think it's team suicide, because you're telling Luka that he can't win right now and that it's worthwhile to waste a year. No no no. Rather, you avoid any and all bad contracts in trade and free agency (i.e. MLE to someone who really deserves that kind of money) while getting rid of Wright and Powell (THJ can just be allowed to expire if need be). Then any and all non-Luka contracts can be easily (i.e., no assets attached) traded next summer to clear room for the Greek Freak or someone who does not deserve a max deal much more than Harry Barnes did but will get it because of next summer's market (i.e. every other FA available next summer). 

Any other conceivable course of action is 1) stupid, and 2) extremely likely because this is the Mavs we're talking about.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 08-30-2020, 11:32 PM