Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I don't think American FAs will be looking to come here just because we have Luka and KP. However, I do think international/Euro FAs would not only be interested in coming here but if they already have made their money give a discount (at least that is what I hope).

Here is a list of 30 and over UFAs with their age and career earnings inside ().

Marc Gasol (35 yrs, $178M) - I would love to have Gasol for the vet min coming off the bench for 10 or 15 min. He is no longer the DPOY he once was, but he still is an elite passer, can stretch the floor and I think he has a really high BBIQ.
Goran Dragic (34yrs, $115M) - Lukas teammate on the Slovenian national team and he seems to have enough gas in the tank to start next to Luka as a secondary ballhandler and spot-up shooter. Would love to have him for the vet min or some portion of the MLE.
Serge Ibaka (31 yrs, $120M) - He will defend anyone, except LeBron. He has been very durable throughout his career. This season he shot 38.5% from 3 and had 11 boards per 36. Can he be had for less than the full MLE?
Danilo Gallinari (32 yrs, $137M) - I love his offense, but he is not exactly a plus-defender. Maybe the full MLE would do it, but at that price I am not interested.
Thabo Sefolosha (36yrs, $47M) - He used to be a great defender and you could not leave him open on offense. His skills check a lot of boxes, but does he anything left in the tank. He might cost more than vet min, but my guess is less than 50% of the MLE.
Marco Belinelli (34yrs, $49M) - You cannot have too much shooting. But 3-and-no-D player is not what we need.
Ian Mahinmi (33yrs, 85M) - Even at a vet min, does he move the needle? I think I would pass.
Mathew Dellavedova (30yrs, $41M) - The guards we have under contract are all better than Delavedova.

Here is a list of under 30 UFAs with their age and career earnings inside (). Player with no comment means I don't know enough about them.

Willy Hernangomez (26yrs, $6M) - A cheap young center who potentially could stretch the floor (sample size of 3s to low to know) while not being a defensive liability, what's not to like. Willy and Luka played togther at Real Madrid 2015/16.
Davis Bertrans (27 yrs, $16M) - KPs teammate on the Latvian national team. He can shoot lights-out but suspect defense and rebounding at the PF position. At 27 and improving I think he will command more than the full MLE.
Alex Len (27yrs, $28M) - Don't know why, but I always felt Len could be a very solid contributor in the right system. Is a traditional center a good fit? With Boban on the team I would say no..
Emmanuel Mudiay (24yrs, $16M) - I view Mudiay as a reclamation project. So with a crowded backcourt I pass.
Bismack Biyombo (28yrs, $83M) -
Bruno Caboclo (25yrs, $10M) -
Raul Neto (28yrs, $7M) -
Skal Labissiere (24) -
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by BoulderMFFL - 08-30-2020, 08:19 PM