Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(08-30-2020, 07:01 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The Mavs in the summer of 2021 have these options:

1)  $91.5M committed w/ no THJ or Jackson.

2) $83M committed w/ no Wright, THJ, or Jackson.

3) $72M committed w/ no DP, Wright, THJ, or Jackson.

With the salary cap potentially being (much?) lower than $125M the Mavs plans have to possibly change significantly to get MAX room. I think you will see the Mavs be aggressive in the trade market, but I do not see them bringing back long term money unless they hit the jackpot in a trade.

Time and again we've seen cap space doesn't matter. Warriors created cap space to sign Durant the afternoon he signed. Clips traded their whole future away to create enough space for both Kawhi and George. Miami magically created 30 mil of space to sign Butler this off season when many thought they had zero shot. 

Point is, cap space can always be created. Even if it meant leveraging the future. Thankfully the Mavs best and most important asset will be under their control guaranteed the next 7 years at least. So the future is secure as long as Luka is on the team. 

I would not be afraid to take contracts back as long as it makes the team better. If Giannis wants to come, those contracts can be moved in an afternoon for nothing.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by SleepingHero - 08-30-2020, 08:08 PM