Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Overall, I say this was a successful season. This season was all about making the playoffs and getting a taste of that and shifting the focus to winning from tanking. We did those things.

At times it felt like we showed that this season could be more which makes the 1st round exit seem disappointing, but overall I think those hopes came from times when this team showed the absolute best they could, and asking a team that is still rather shallow talent wise and experience wise to consistently hit that mark, them even surpass it when the time came, was a lot to ask. 

I think we've built a solid foundation now, and from here on out the goal is championship. The West is likely to still be stacked next year, but with Luka who is already transcendent and still improving, that should always be the goal, and seasons where we don't make the Conference Finals outside of significant injuries should count as disappointing. 

It's odd going into the offseason without the certainty of when next season will start. Hell at this point we don't even know definitively when the draft will happen, free agency will start, or even if we'll crown a champion in the bubble. I expect we'll have a lot of time to discuss things, and even for us as fans on a message board to come up with where we think the team should go may be up in the air for awhile since the salary cap situation is fluid.  With that said, here's a quick breakdown of who I would like back, who I want gone, and who I could be convinced either way. A lot of this is talent based, a decent amount is salary/team-building based, and a little bit personality based (Boban has to stay!). 

Players I want to keep:
- Luka
- Porzingis
- Curry
- DFS
- Maxi 
- Boban 
- Burke/Brunson (fit similar roles, not sure if we need both)

Players I want gone:
- Wright
- Jackson
- Lee
- Powell 

Players I can be convinced either way:
- Barea
- WCS 
- THJ 
- MKG
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by DrMav - 08-30-2020, 08:03 PM