Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Also @"Scott41theMavs" I will probably repeat this a lot over the next few months but Powell is just not a guy that's movable at all. We are talking ab a niche, overpaid role player with multiple years left on his deal coming off an Achilles injury. It's just not going to happen. In fact to come close to making it happen you'd have to burn other assets to dump him so it's just not happening. I actually think Powell will be fine next year off the bench doing things like he used to just without as much high-flying dunks.

(08-30-2020, 07:01 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The Mavs in the summer of 2021 have these options:

1)  $91.5M committed w/ no THJ or Jackson.

2) $83M committed w/ no Wright, THJ, or Jackson.

3) $72M committed w/ no DP, Wright, THJ, or Jackson.

With the salary cap potentially being (much?) lower than $125M the Mavs plans have to possibly change significantly to get MAX room. I think you will see the Mavs be aggressive in the trade market, but I do not see them bringing back long term money unless they hit the jackpot in a trade.

This makes sense. @"Kammrath" I wonder if we could get a salary cap thread going to hash all the numbers out?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 08-30-2020, 07:03 PM