Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(08-30-2020, 06:43 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:47 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:24 PM)Tyler Wrote: #5 on the salary list just got DNPs in 2 of the last 3 games with a shorthanded team.

I think you can't give a clearer message that you are not counting on a player anymore. I mean, they will certainly not be just dumping him, but he will be first name on the list of any trade.

I mean, damn. Their thought process must have been, "Let's make sure he doesn't get injured and have his trade value get even worse."

(08-30-2020, 06:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: THJ who is basically around the same age could do like 18, 17, 16 or something like that which is pretty good value if you need a well-rounded starting SG.

Horrors. That would be a nightmarish overpay for THJ. There's a difference between taking on a bad contract as part of the price of doing business and compounding your mistake. If he's opting out and I'm the Mavs, he can come back for an average of $14 mil or less.

I don't really want to give him an extension, I am saying there's a good chance another team would do something like that but who knows. His floor in terms of value is MLE and I think probably a little bit higher. Best case scenario to me is IF he can't be upgraded then he comes back on a 1 year deal.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 08-30-2020, 06:54 PM