Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(08-30-2020, 06:28 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 06:23 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Sorry, I am pretty down on THJ.

THJ had a very solid season. He is just fine offensively, despite some bad game here and there. His problem is defensive side. 

Btw - playof P is number 2 option and he had another bad offensive performance. 4 bad in 6 games. 6-19 from the floor, 5 turnovers.

I am definitely good with trading THJ if we get someone better but it's not a lock we can upgrade THJ. He was having a good series until the last couple of games when it was hopeless anyway. THJ does great with all the space that KP and Luka provide. He is a pretty well-rounded player at this point, including solid if not amazing defense.

He's also a good culture fit and I like his intensity out on the floor. Again we lost KP which meant we had no real second option. When THJ is your 3rd option in the starting lineup he is actually pretty good. I hope he does not get extended because I would like to just see him play out that last year and also work as a trade chip.

It's also not a lock that he opts in. He could do like Barnes and opt out for a reasonable deal. Barnes did 24, 22, 20, 18. THJ who is basically around the same age could do like 18, 17, 16 or something like that which is pretty good value if you need a well-rounded starting SG.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 08-30-2020, 06:41 PM