Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR and 4.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
40.00%
2 40.00%
Clippers
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 71: LAC (46-22) @ DAL (41-30) | 111-126 loss
Heart 
[Image: EeqhWm3UMAE01wc?format=png&name=4096x4096]
Like Reply
First game as an underdog in the COVID bubble, that makes it a must win game!
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(08-05-2020, 09:17 PM)DrMav Wrote: First game as an underdog in the COVID bubble, that makes it a must win game!

When Dr. Mav makes the game thread official.
Like Reply
We should beat them to avoid them, but if we can beat them, why do we want to avoid them Huh . Hm ... Big Grin .
Like Reply
Probably the last game that truly matters if we win. The rest we might rest guys.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
No Harrell, No Beverly. If the Mavs are willing to win ugly, then they should take this one. KP is turning into a real force. Take out the 3pters last game and he was 6 of 11 with 10-11 FTs, while getting mauled by the SAC big guys. If he can get the efficiency back a bit then offensively he and Luka cancel out Kawai/George. Williams hasn't been tearing it up in the bubble either so maybe this one will be a "W" at the end of the evening.
Like Reply
Marcus Morris will probably have a great game against the Mavs.  He usually does, at least that is what I remember. 

JJB listed as a starter seems like a one hand tied behind the back way to go.
Like Reply
(08-06-2020, 01:34 PM)Hypermav Wrote: JJB listed as a starter seems like a one hand tied behind the back way to go.

Looks like Mavs really want to play Clippers in first round. They are sure trying hard to make it happen.
Like Reply
(08-06-2020, 01:34 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Marcus Morris will probably have a great game against the Mavs. He usually does, at least that is what I remember.

Goodness gracious. I was on suicide watch the last time JJB started. No matter what he does on offense, all the guards who are 4-6 inches taller that him just jump up and shoot absolutely uncontested shots over him. It's as if they have no one challenging their shot in a 10-foot radius. Defensive seppuku. Carlisle cannot argue that defense matters and then do that crap.
Like Reply
May be able to get them here. I'm not sure how much the Clips are going to care about their seeding, though they might still be salty about what Devin Booker did to them in their last game
Like Reply
(08-06-2020, 01:34 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Marcus Morris will probably have a great game against the Mavs.  He usually does, at least that is what I remember. 

I'm not so sure about that.  The Mavs' offense has been stagnating too often with guards dribbling around the perimeter too much, and it seems like opponents are succeeding running out our shot clock.  JJB knows how to run offense, put pressure on the defense, and draw fouls and get to the line.  Clearly, it's a gamble, but to me not that big of one in our situation of being pretty much locked in 7th.  I also hope that Luka can play off the ball some, and post up and receive the ball close to the rim, as he is deadly there.  I say give JJB the first quarter and let's see how we feel after that.
Like Reply
(08-06-2020, 03:49 PM)mtrot Wrote: JJB knows how to run offense, put pressure on the defense, and draw fouls and get to the line.

Did you actually watch any game in the bubble? JJB didn't do any of the things you are mentioning against the mediocre Kings.
Like Reply
(08-06-2020, 03:57 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 03:49 PM)mtrot Wrote: JJB knows how to run offense, put pressure on the defense, and draw fouls and get to the line.

Did you actually watch any game in the bubble? JJB didn't do any of the things you are mentioning against the mediocre Kings.
Lol, I did say he knows how to do those things! Dodgy Hopefully, he can actually do them tonight.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/129148...61217?s=20

Officially official.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...0973586433
Like Reply
(08-06-2020, 04:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...0973586433

After starting Barea in place of the announced replacement Burke last game, I expect the real starter to actually be Shawn Bradley, fresh out of retirement and ready to instill fear into the Clips by shear size.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Boban is the "biggest" 3 point threat.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/12914...05506?s=20
Like Reply
Put Boban in the starting line-up and the Clippers can't score...

Angel
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
OK THJ!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply