Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
3 75.00%
Kings
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 70: DAL (41-29) @ SAC (28-39) | 114-110 OT win
(08-04-2020, 03:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: DFS has dropped more offensive rebounds in this bubble stint than in his entire career.

Bigger problem is that he exposes the defense because he crashes the glass every single time. Not even thinking about transition defense. Last 3 by Bjelica was him being late to get back. Forcing him to close out hard. Easy pump fake and side step by Bjelica. Open 3.
Like Reply
Kristaps, despite of missing all his 3pt shots, is really trying to do good things all game long. Lot's of effort on his part. Searching hard for positives ...
Like Reply
THERE WE GO!

KP with the long two, then breaks up the lob pass. Then DFS with the strong finish and-1! More of that!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 02:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 02:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: . How are we going to get three starters when all we have is the MLE, the possibility of a THJ snt, some scraps to trade, and vet min contracts?

Mavs have #18, #31. THJ SnT, Wright, and Jackson as assets to me that are the most tradeable.

I think Derrick Rose perfectly fits the creator off the bench we want Wright to be and I think he'll be more than available. To be fair I think all the people clamoring to trade THJ after 3 bad games is crazy. He's a streaky shooter. That's always been his MO. THJ WILL get hot, its a matter if when not if. 

Speaking of, 4 quick points from THJ!

THJ & Jackson have small value as expiring contracts. Wright has negative value. Mavs broadcast thought Burke would start and JJB did start. Wright has played 10 minutes. Carlisle doesn´t trust him at all.

We are back to the (properly paid) core of Luka, Porzingis, DFS, Kleber, Brunson, Curry plus $43M in capspace for the summer of 2021, if we can somehow find a way to trade Powell and Wright.

Everybody else can go.

(08-04-2020, 03:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 03:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: DFS has dropped more offensive rebounds in this bubble stint than in his entire career.

Bigger problem is that he exposes the defense because he crashes the glass every single time. Not even thinking about transition defense. Last 3 by Bjelica was him being late to get back. Forcing him to close out hard. Easy pump fake and side step by Bjelica. Open 3.
And you think he does that against the orders of Carlisle?
Like Reply
Maxi is Mini today Sad
Like Reply
LUKA!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Justin Jackson is bad at everything. I can´t watch this guy anymore.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 03:44 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 02:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 02:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: . How are we going to get three starters when all we have is the MLE, the possibility of a THJ snt, some scraps to trade, and vet min contracts?

Mavs have #18, #31. THJ SnT, Wright, and Jackson as assets to me that are the most tradeable.

I think Derrick Rose perfectly fits the creator off the bench we want Wright to be and I think he'll be more than available. To be fair I think all the people clamoring to trade THJ after 3 bad games is crazy. He's a streaky shooter. That's always been his MO. THJ WILL get hot, its a matter if when not if. 

Speaking of, 4 quick points from THJ!

THJ & Jackson have small value as expiring contracts. Wright has negative value. Mavs broadcast thought Burke would start and JJB did start. Wright has played 10 minutes. Carlisle doesn´t trust him at all.

We are back to the (properly paid) core of Luka, Porzingis, DFS, Kleber, Brunson, Curry plus $43M in capspace for the summer of 2021, if we can somehow find a way to trade Powell and Wright.

Everybody else can go.

(08-04-2020, 03:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:

And you think he does that against the orders of Carlisle?

Don´t think so but it might not be the best idea to let the best wing defender on the roster crash the offensive glass. Especially when other players like Luka and KP like to do the same. Mavs improved their offensive rebounding compared to previous seasons but they are dead last in transition defense.
Like Reply
Per usual...show that the other team is cold from 3 on TV...opposing player nails 3 point shot..
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Great pass from Luka to DFS there
Like Reply
bad three by Luka.
Like Reply
Jackson misses 2 wide open 3's created by Luka. If we want to win anything, Mavs can't have their role players miss wide open shots like that.
Like Reply
The number of mistakes might just be to big. Really can't belive they are still in the game with all that untimely misses, turnovers, missed freethrows etc
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 03:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Jackson misses 2 wide open 3's created by Luka. If we want to win anything, Mavs can't have their role players miss wide open shots like that.

Jackson is shooting 29.8% from 3 for the season and that´s supposed to be his strength. His unique combination of terrible percentages and high volume can only be matched by the former Mavs legend Charlie V.
Like Reply
might add questionable calls, after that not-and-one ...
Like Reply
I wish, I was kidding, but is Luka our best perimeter defender?
Like Reply
KP with the top of the key jumper and-1!!

(08-04-2020, 03:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: KP with the top of the key jumper and-1!!
How the heck did the refs waive that off??

And DFS drops yet another offensive rebound.

Luka is insane. 

Stops Bjelicia, jukes out Bjelicia, then lobs it perfectly to KP for his 16th triple double.
Like Reply
Hey a THJ sighting.
Like Reply
Good shot by Timmy against the double close out!
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 03:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Jackson misses 2 wide open 3's created by Luka. If we want to win anything, Mavs can't have Jackson as one of their role players..

FIFY
Like Reply