Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
3 75.00%
Kings
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 70: DAL (41-29) @ SAC (28-39) | 114-110 OT win
So far our offense has just been letting Luka breakdown defenses and running it around the perimeter, which works. But as soon as Luka or KP gets off the court everything falls apart.

It happened in PHX and Houston. We need someone reliable off the bench to create.  As well as a glut of defensive players.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I like the way we are attacking the rim!
Like Reply
THJ can go back to NY. I am done.
Like Reply
This team might win 1-2 games in the Bubble, maximum. Including their playoff series. The lack of overall talent on this roster is really getting exposed in The Bubble. These games are more like pickup basketball, where you're really screwed if you can't play any defense. Even the bad teams like Phoenix and Sacramento are deeper with scorers so it's not surprising to see them torch the Mavs.
Like Reply
Wouldn't it have been nice if the MBT had chosen binarily to have an offseason last summer? Two stars and a large collection of objective bench players.

(08-04-2020, 02:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: THJ can go back to NY. I am done.

What did he do?
Like Reply
Wouldn´t mind if RC benches DFS and THJ for the rest of the game. No excuse for the lack of effort. Might as well let Burke, Cleveland and Reaves play. They are at least trying.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 01:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: We need someone reliable off the bench to create. As well as a glut of defensive players.

The someone off the bench to create could be Brunson. But the talent is just too low all around apart from our two stars. Two stars is great. When they're your only two players with any business starting on a playoff team, you have a problem. How are we going to get three starters when all we have is the MLE, the possibility of a THJ snt, some scraps to trade, and vet min contracts? Dammit, last summer was the opportunity pre-maxing KP. With the cap limit crashing this "summer," we won't even have reasonable room if we let Timmy walk, and he's our third-best player now.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 02:09 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Wouldn't it have been nice if the MBT had chosen binarily to have an offseason last summer? Two stars and a large collection of objective bench players.

(08-04-2020, 02:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: THJ can go back to NY. I am done.

What did he do?

Gave up three open 3s all by himself without even trying to close out. Gets blown by left and right not even attempting to move lateral. Don´t know what´s wrong with him but his effort level in the bubble couldn´t be any worse. Mavs might as well play 4vs5 on defense.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 02:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: . How are we going to get three starters when all we have is the MLE, the possibility of a THJ snt, some scraps to trade, and vet min contracts?

Mavs have #18, #31. THJ SnT, Wright, and Jackson as assets to me that are the most tradeable.

I think Derrick Rose perfectly fits the creator off the bench we want Wright to be and I think he'll be more than available. To be fair I think all the people clamoring to trade THJ after 3 bad games is crazy. He's a streaky shooter. That's always been his MO. THJ WILL get hot, its a matter if when not if. 

Speaking of, 4 quick points from THJ!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 02:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 02:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: . How are we going to get three starters when all we have is the MLE, the possibility of a THJ snt, some scraps to trade, and vet min contracts?

Mavs have #18, #31. THJ SnT, Wright, and Jackson as assets to me that are the most tradeable.

I think Derrick Rose perfectly fits the creator off the bench we want Wright to be and I think he'll be more than available. To be fair I think all the people clamoring to trade THJ after 3 bad games is crazy. He's a streaky shooter. That's always been his MO. THJ WILL get hot, its a matter if when not if. 

Speaking of, 4 quick points from THJ!

THJ missing shots isn´t a problem. He can catch fire at any given time. Defense is a big problem. Right now it feels like every single guy besides KP and Maxi is a complete liability. Even DFS who was okay prior to the bubble start is playing terrible. THJ really stands out because whoever he is matched up with is scoring at will.
Like Reply
Luka with the amazing defense on himself with that dunk!! LOL

But he redeems himself with a timely 3!!
Like Reply
Seriously guys, maybe you can help me, but what is Maxi really bringing for us here lately.  It seems like all he does on offense is set some picks and then hand the ball back off to another player.  He's not shooting and making many threes. 

And he doesn't seem to be very effective on defense either.  Belica just backed Maxi right down and easily scored over him.
Like Reply
Bazemore is a poor man's Wes Matthews.
Like Reply
Poor first half to be honest. Defense started terribly and we would be down more if the refs weren't propping us up. We'll see if the team can get out of this funk in the 2nd half
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 02:49 PM)mtrot Wrote: Seriously guys, maybe you can help me, but what is Maxi really bringing for us here lately.  It seems like all he does on offense is set some picks and then hand the ball back off to another player.  He's not shooting and making many threes. 

And he doesn't seem to be very effective on defense either.  Belica just backed Maxi right down and easily scored over him.

I think Maxi is an integral role player. His defensive versatility and willingness to play a confined role on the offense is invaluable. He can switch onto anyone and play fantastic defense.

I will say this game he hasn't been very effective, but has anyone on the Mavs? I think the bubble jitters is effecting the Mavs being able to lock-in. 

But it'd be foolish to think that Maxi isn't a stout defender that is a backbone for this team.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 02:49 PM)mtrot Wrote: Seriously guys, maybe you can help me, but what is Maxi really bringing for us here lately.  It seems like all he does on offense is set some picks and then hand the ball back off to another player.  He's not shooting and making many threes. 

Noticed the same thing.  Really, other than Luka or KP, who even looks a little bit consistent?   Maybe THJ will get it going but not going to hold my breath.

Yeah Maxi
Like Reply
Game thread matches the energy of the Mavs today.
Like Reply
Well, all we've left to hope for is a strong finish for once!

Well ... Watch the 3 point shooter in the corner, don't not even try to close out for half a minute and still give up the offensive rebound an the tip in.
Like Reply
DFS has dropped more offensive rebounds in this bubble stint than in his entire career.
Like Reply
The Mavs are really, really bad right now, there´s no denying it. Defense atrocious on every level and on offense Hardaway, DFS and Kleber totally have lost their shots. It´s really sad.
Like Reply