Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
4 80.00%
Spurs
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 66: DAL (39-27) @ SAS (27-36) | 109-119 loss
It's starting to look like the Mavs are just going to suck until Seth comes back. Sad
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 08:55 PM)Luka_Magic Wrote: Mavs just sitting down and taking it yet again. This team is soft...

Soft coach equals soft team

Another 3
Like Reply
Clear path?
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 08:55 PM)Luka_Magic Wrote: Mavs just sitting down and taking it yet again. This team is soft...
no they are the best offense in the league.... your blind. Big Grin Nothing ever needs adjusting as far as play style especially late in games. Just keep following the game plan, no center dont box out, shoot 3s and be slow in transition to defend after missing a shot. And flop looking for FTAs....
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 08:58 PM)mtrot Wrote: Clear path?

looking like a clear path... to a Mavs loss..
hope this post does not age well
Like Reply
Got Denver coming in tomorrow. Need to get this one, or looking at possibly 3 L's in a row.
Like Reply
Sucks how close we were to a top 2 or 3 seed 
Just some minimal upgrades needed last summer or at the deadline. Certainly had the tools to make it happen
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 08:59 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote:
no they are the best offense in the league.... your blind. Big Grin Nothing ever needs adjusting as far as play style especially late in games. Just keep following the game plan, no center dont box out, shoot 3s and be slow in transition to defend after missing a shot. And flop looking for FTAs....
Lol, you nailed it!
Like Reply
Come on MAVS! lets go
Like Reply
Creeping back...
Like Reply
OK, for the rest of the game nobody shoots threes except THJ.

Typical NBA anticipation foul.
Like Reply

It´s easy to blame everything on the coach. Might be time to try something new or provide some detailed analysis.
Like Reply
they called weaker shit on us but oh yeah of course we brick the FTs
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 08:47 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Luka needs to take those shots in the paint
there we go Luka
Like Reply
Horrible shot by Kristaps, horrible.
Like Reply
I hope we don't pull the same crap of making a late surge but falling short by 1 or 2 points and still losing the game.

Terrible foul call against Pozingis there. That is a week assed call.
Like Reply
This is embarrassing...
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 08:57 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: Lee as played 20 minutes 0 rebound 0 points O assist he does have 1 missed shot

Playing 4 on 5 on O

So he should force bad shots instead? He is spacing the floor on offense. That´s his job. Catch and shoot. Nothing else. Meaning that if he does not get the ball he won´t have any FG attempts.
You could at least mention his 2stls and 1blk but I guess defense does not matter.
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 09:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:

It´s easy to blame everything on the coach. Might be time to try something new or provide some detailed analysis.
Well read what I wrote. No emphasis on rebounding and/or no personnel for rebounding, no sets to get a easy bucket consistently from a coach who loves to call the plays, slow transition defense, never calling timeouts to break the other teams rhythm but calls them to break ours, just give the ball to luka and hope he takes it home. If thats the best we can do, its no surprise teams have caught on to our "offense' and shut it down with ease late in games. Rick blows.....

You can also read what Dahlism put so beautifully here too.

Quote:
Quote:This is an example of a "grind mode" offense which all of the championship elite teams have, even the poster child of the small ball era, Golden State Warriors or the current NBA star studded Lakers who utilize Maverick cast-off Javale McGee and not-quite-washed-up-after-all Dwight Howard along with the long limbed super skilled Anthony Davis. 

The Lakers can grind a team up inside, bang on them, even use a guy like McGee to cheat foul a Maverick like they did Seth Curry, all different ways to win a game. 

I took the point there as not necessarily Boban/WCS instead of Wright but to have somebody at the 5 position that can get a high % shot inside and/or draw a foul and/or suck in the defense so that shooters like Luka, KP, THJ, Seth Curry etc. get a really good look during the clutch.

These big bodies also demand more attention and focus from the opponents front line player rather than leaving them free to disrupt and beat up the Mavericks stars and skilled players.  This not only increases the 'L' count but also can add to the injury body count for Dallas. 
Its alway seemed a bit crazy to me that otherwise genius coaches like Don Nelson, Mike D'Antoni and yes our own Rick Carlisle just never seem to have that in their play books.  
Fortunately the Mavericks 2011 Championship team had Tyson Chandler, Brendan Haywood and Ian Mahinmi all grinding inside and protecting Dirk, Kidd and company.  
Maybe Carlisle lucked into that big powerful front line and maybe the NBA championship went to his head so much that he decided he could fully do his offense any way he want to and declare the big man inside play dead and done. 

The fact remains, we're seeing how powered offenses that for some reason can be shut down just during the times when it matters most during games.
Just trying to get a sense of what the idea would look like. I don't remember Rick ever playing Chandler, Haywood and Mahinmi at the same time, although I might not remember every single 
experiment. 

The thing is, if you put Boban or WCS in, you don't get to just add him to the mix, you have to take someone else out. I thought he was suggesting luka/thj/maxi/kp/Boban-WCS as the closing lineup. It seems like you might substitute Boban-WCS for Maxi, and leave Wright in.

In that case, yes that's the sort of lineup I would envision to go into "grind it out" get physical inside mode for stretches of the game. 

I definitely see Maxi in front of both Boban and WCS terms of the rotation although I suppose there is some idea that perhaps if WCS performed well enough to fill the Powell role he would end up in front of Maxi.   Boban is rightly a career limited minutes man. 

Either way, when Maxi is subbed for WCS or Boban then you have more rugged team inside and still have a big rotation with KP and Luka along with any of the wings at 2 and 3.  Yes I'd stick with a more natural small forward like a Wright or DFS to balance the floor especially defensively. 

If you go with WCS you're more mobile and flexible on defense.  If you go with Boban you potentially put maximum pressure on the opponent offensively while hoping to bend but not break on defense. 

This coaching staff should be coaching WCS up on offense more, to be closer to Dwight Powell effectiveness.  They should also be coaching Boban up to be more aggressive on defense but as it stands its a rotation of Bigs that should be used more effectively supporting the 7ft+ Unicorn and big PG Luka just as Chandler/Haywood/Mahinmi supported the 7-foot Dirk and big guard Kidd.
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 07:38 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Wrist hacking turds on the Spurs.
+1
Like Reply